Pain is a complex problem, and it may require treatment by a doctor with expertise in pain management. Pain medicine is another term for pain management. Neurosurgeons are one type of medical expert trained to diagnose and treat spine pain.
If your back or neck pain is difficult to control, talk with your doctor about pain management today. It can help manage your pain and symptoms and improve your quality of life.
There are many different physical and neurological disorders that contribute to pain, and pain management can provide more advanced care. Many spine-related disorders contribute to acute and chronic pain. Some are listed below.
- Spondylosis (osteoarthritis)
- Degenerative disc disease
- Spinal stenosis
- Cervical (neck) radiculopathy
- Vertebral compression fracture
- Spinal tumor (benign or malignant)
- Back or neck surgery that does not relieve pain
Pain has side effects
Pain that is untreated or inadequately managed causes problems. Some problems develop into serious disorders.
- Irritability, anger, short temper
- Loss of mental clarity, difficult to concentrate
- Sleeping problems
- Eating disorders
- Sedentary life
- Sexual dysfunction
Advanced care for you
Your doctor wants to help you control your pain and improve your quality of life. Many patients live with unnecessary pain—talk to you doctor today about how you can live with less or no pain.